Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dear Popa

Dear Popa

My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. - Clarence B. Kelland

I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for you. You gave up so much to take on my hyper butt. Since I stopped being a teenager, you and I have got so much closer. We have shared many MANY laughs and spent countless hours jabbering on (mostly you) about life, experiences, and good times. I avoided doing many very stupid things in my youth because of your honesty with me. I knew things my peers were lied to about. Now that we live a thousand miles apart, you try pretty hard to remain a constant figure in my life. You are a wonder Grampa, which surprises me a bit. I'm really glad you were visiting us when we found out we were having twins! The happiest (and most shocked) tears I have seen you cry.

Thanks for being my dad.

Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment